The Lookout | January 22, 2022

Board ‘very satisfied’ with Dr. Robinson

• On November 17, 2021

By Jacob Zokvic

Following an evaluation of LCC President Dr. Steve Robinson at a special Board of Trustees meeting Nov. 8, the board announced it is “very satisfied” with his performance during his first year.

The announcement came during the regular monthly board meeting Nov. 15. The board also offered Robinson some additional perks, the most notable being a 3-percent raise.

Board members also voiced their appreciation to Robinson. Board Chair Ryan Buck thanked the president for his efforts.

LCC President Dr. Steve Robinson’s nameplate is shown during the Nov. 8 special meeting. Photo by Jacob Zokvic

“He has demonstrated he is a solid leader and will take us into the next decade successfully,” Buck said.

Vice Chair Angela Mathews said the president came in at a tumultuous time and navigated it well.

“You have been a captain through a storm,” Mathews told Robinson. “You’ve been steady, straight and doing the right thing. Thank you for that.”

Trustee Andrew Abood said he appreciated the president’s response to COVID-19 and echoed the compliments of the rest of the board.

“I can only think about COVID safety some of the time and I am grateful that he is thinking about it all the time,” Abood said. “He deserves every penny he gets and probably more.” 

Trustee Samantha Vaive was not at the meeting, but gave a written statement praising the president.

“We could only hope for the best, and the best is what we got,” Vaive’s statement read.

Robinson thanked the board members for their praise and cooperation.

“I really appreciate the strong support from our board of trustees,” Robinson said. “They do a great job representing the people of Mid-Michigan and helping guide our great college. I have really enjoyed working with them since I came here last July.”

Robinson revealed that he could not do his job well without a lot of help.

“I think it is also an evaluation of the great team that we have here,” Robinson said. “We have excellent people at LCC and I wouldn’t be successful if we didn’t have fantastic faculty and staff. It was a good night not just for me, but also all the LCC people who work so hard.”