The Lookout | May 13, 2021

Athlete Spotlight: Jade Linnemeier

Athlete Spotlight: Jade Linnemeier
  • On April 12, 2021

The Lookout Associate Editor Julie Newell recently interviewed LCC softball outfielder Jade Linnemeier, who is in her second year at LCC, studying Transfer Studies.

How long have you been playing softball?

“Pretty much my whole life, but let’s say nine years.”

What made you start playing softball?

“All my siblings are older than me, so are my neighbors. … So I started to actually like it and from then on I went into playing.”

Who inspires you as an athlete?

“My inspiration would probably be either my grandpa, or as an athlete, Derek Jeter.”

How does being an athlete make you a better person?

“It teaches me how to be a better person (by) working with other people to actually lead other groups. So if someone has a question, I’m willing to step up and help others make their situation better. It definitely taught me to be more realistic with things; to sit there and see all open views of everything and all different ways to take situations.”

Do you have any embarrassing moments in your softball career?

“One of my most embarrassing moments actually happened last week. I got hit by a pitch and (the umpire) said ‘dead ball’ and I usually don’t get hit by a pitch. I picked up my bat and I looked at him and said, ‘So do I hit again or just take my base?’ And he said ‘No, take your base.’ I was like, ‘Wow that’s the dumbest question I’ve probably ever asked in my life.’”

What are your plans after LCC?

“I’m going to be finishing out my career at Cleary University. Then I am going to be studying pre-law to become a medical malpractice lawyer.”