The Lookout | August 5, 2021

Old Town to host seventh Chocolate Walk

Old Town to host seventh Chocolate Walk
  • On February 25, 2021

By Julie Newell
Associate Editor

The seventh annual Old Town Chocolate Walk will take place over two days: Friday, Feb 26 from 1 to 6 p.m., and Saturday, Feb. 27 from noon to 5 p.m.

Old Town is located in north Lansing, about a mile north of LCC’s main campus.

Due to the pandemic, the Chocolate Walk officials have made some changes to how people can participate. Participants are required to wear a mask.

Tickets, which are $20 each, can be purchased online. Participants can only attend on the day for which they bought their tickets.

Every participant will receive a box to fill with chocolate, a punch card, and a map of the businesses that are involved in the event.

Danelle Admire, manager of Sir Pizza at 201 E. César E. Chávez Ave., said the event is a great way to meet people.

“My favorite part, honestly, is meeting all the people, because most of the people that come in are the people I have seen last year and the year before,” Admire said. “You know it’s just meeting the people that you’ve met and you get those new people as well.”

Twiggies, a new business that recently relocated from DeWitt to 106 E. César E. Chávez Ave. in Old Town, will be participating in the Chocolate Walk for the first time this year.

“It is a long-standing event in this community that is used primarily as a fundraiser for the Old Town Association,” Twiggies owner Beth Herendeen said.

Herendeen said business has been good since her relocation.

“So I have a unique situation,” Herendeen said. “My business has been around for 24 years and so I recently moved during the pandemic to Old Town, and my business is booming.”

For more information on the Chocolate Walk, or to buy tickets, go to https://www.lansing.org/event/old-town-chocolate-walk/36326/.