The Lookout | April 12, 2021

Restaurants reopen; students excited

Restaurants reopen; students excited
  • On February 4, 2021

By Chloe Gregg

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer made the important decision to open up inside dining starting Feb. 1 for restaurants across the state to 25 percent capacity.

People have a lot of opinions about this, good and bad, but many are excited to visit their favorite place to eat again.

LCC students shared where they are most excited to eat now that restaurants are opening.

LCC freshman Haley Mitchell said she is excited to get back into an old tradition with friends.

“I am most excited to go to Asian Buffet in Okemos with all of my friends,” Mitchell said. “We love to go shopping at the mall and then to get really good Asian food after, buffet style.”

Emma Hancock, a second-year student, is most excited to enjoy her favorite place, Black Rock.

“(I really want to go to) Black Rock because of the experience that they offer,” Hancock said. “I’m not sure if they (offer) carry out or not, but even if they did, it just wouldn’t be the same (as actually going). It’s in Novi and Hartland, a steakhouse where you cook your own steak on 775-degree stones.”

LCC freshman Connor Thomas is also excited to enjoy his favorite restaurant’s fun atmosphere.

“I’m definitely most excited to go to Buffalo Wild Wings because the food is always super good and going with friends is always fun,” Thomas said. “Especially if you go when a good sports game is on.”

Student Olivia Sivak was excited to enjoy some quality date night time with her boyfriend once restaurants opened up.

“My boyfriend and I went out to dinner at Applebee’s,” Sivak said. “We love Applebee’s for the yummy food and great price. We were super excited to be able to go out on a date to a real restaurant again instead of fast food.”

Finally, LCC sophomore Ella Fisher shared what she is most excited for now that restaurants are opening.

“I really want to go to Olive Garden for the yummy breadsticks,” Fisher said.

For everyone’s safety, remember to continue to be safe and wear masks when not eating or at your table, and to be mindful of the people around you.