The Lookout | May 13, 2021

LCC Foundation holds spring giveaway

LCC Foundation holds spring giveaway
  • On January 20, 2021

By Maddy Warren
Editor In Chief

As part of the spring semester Welcome Week, the LCC foundation hosted a “Bring on Spring Giveaway” with LCC President Dr. Steve Robinson on Thursday, Jan. 14, via Zoom.

Welcome Week festivities were held Monday, Jan. 11 to Friday, Jan. 15. The giveaway event featured games, contests and prizes for students.

Ten prizes were given away during the event, including: a brand-new HP Chromebook; one of two sets of Beats by Dre Wireless Headphones; the All-New Amazon Fire Stick with Voice Remote; a CraveBox Ultimate Care Package; $25 Target, Amazon and Visa gift cards; and one of two $100 MBS Book Vouchers.

“In order to win the $25 Target gift card from the Welcome Week event with President Robinson, I had to only enter into the giveaway and be present during the event,” said LCC student Liberty Smith.

“This was the only event that I participated in and I definitely felt grateful and excited when my name was called. I think it’s awesome that the college is still providing opportunities for students to be engaged and involved!”

Another one of the winners from the Bring on Spring Giveaway was LCC student Taylor Freedon.

“I participated in the president’s live event … I won the Flex Beats by Dre,” Freedon said. “I only was able to participate in that event due to my class schedule. I was so excited when I heard my name, I was on a video call with my child’s counselor and heard my name. My daughter and I got way excited.”