The Lookout | November 30, 2020

Marketing club member makes impact

Marketing club member makes impact
  • On October 30, 2020

By Chloe Gregg

Although it was his first time participating in the American Marketing Association’s (AMA) “Marketing Week,” LCC marketing major and club member Adam Harig made it one he would never forget.

Everyone was all-hands-on-deck during Marketing Week, held online Oct. 19 to 23, to make sure everything runs smoothly, but Harig had a special task that even made AMA President of Patrick Vreibel take notice.

“Adam has been with LCC AMA since last semester,” said Vreibel. “Every meeting he has taken on more responsibilities and roles. Adam led a team of members to create the AMA recruitment video and he recently chaired the AMA Marketing Week 2020, which was one of our best Marketing-weeks to date.

“Adam has a bright future ahead of him and the AMA is glad to have him.”

Videography is nothing new to Harig. He said he has been running a YouTube channel for over five years, and often does freelance photography and videography. Whether it be professionally or just as a hobby, he hopes to continue his video work.

“Since I was young I have loved creating all types of digital content,” Harig said. “I haven’t always specifically been into marketing, but while growing up I gained an interest in advertising and creating digital marketing content like video and photo advertisements. My favorite part about marketing is attempting to find the best way to catch people’s attention.”

Harig’s career goals are to continue to do what he loves, including running his own business or expanding a business he currently has with a friend.

“I currently don’t plan on settling with one specific career because I enjoy so many things,” Harig said. “I would probably get bored if I stuck to doing only one thing every day.”

To see some of the social media content Harig created for AMA, as well as the recruitment video, visit @lcc_ama on Instagram and LCC AMA’s website at https://www.lccama.org/.