The Lookout | January 22, 2021

Social media influencer has big goals

Social media influencer has big goals
  • On October 23, 2020

By Chloe Gregg

Amara Hoddy has big goals. She strives to create her own happiness, as well as to create connections and collaborations all around the world with different artists.

Along with working on her general associate’s degree at LCC, 18-year-old Hoddy is a social media influencer who participates in multiple photoshoots, auditions and interviews on a monthly basis.

A social media influencer is a user on social media who has established a following and a specific brand or style. According to Hoddy, despite occasional backlash and judgment, being a social media influencer has caused her to gain more confidence in herself and everything she does.

“I would say my style and brand is based around my nostalgia in the arts,” Hoddy said. “I was raised to appreciate history. Vintage icons throughout art and music history have majorly influenced my passion in the field.”

Hoddy has a vision for her future, and it includes opening up her own business in the media. She said she hopes to open a multimedia studio by the time she turns 21.

She is also an aspiring actress, and hopes to get her big break soon with an upcoming audition.

“I have my first audition in L.A. for a lead in a horror movie,” Hoddy said. “I also am working with Dylan Gray on my first video reel. Lastly, my opportunities with (the company) Bad Luck Promotions is great for building my portfolio and keeping it up-to-date, so I have been going to their events.”

Hoddy’s mother, Michelle Hoddy, has been one of her greatest supporters throughout her life, and continues to show support as her daughter flourishes as an influencer.

“Amara has always been a very motivated and outgoing person since she was little,” Michelle Hoddy said.

To keep up to date with everything Hoddy and to look at her aesthetically beautiful Instagram page, visit @amarahoddy on Instagram.