Chloe’s Chat: Anyone else lost?

Chloe’s Chat: Anyone else lost?
  • On September 8, 2020

By Chloe Gregg

I have never been more financially stable in my life.

I don’t say that to brag, because I certainly do not have enough money to brag. It’s just a fact.

I’ve also never been more mentally stable or physically stable or relationship-y stable or grade stable or just stable in general.

A lot in life is so great. In fact, most of it is. I have wonderful, fun-loving friends, a supportive boyfriend and an amazing family that cares about me. I’ve been on the President’s List for three straight semesters at LCC! I love my classes and my job and my three beautiful hamsters….

But I have no idea what I’m doing. Like none at all. Two weeks ago I was considering marketing, now I’m considering dental hygiene. A year ago I wanted to be a journalist or a lawyer. Over the summer I took two different computer programming classes because, ya know, you never know.

I have no idea what I’m doing or, I guess, the more correct phrase would be I have no idea what I’m going to be doing.

I just keep telling myself to push through, take different classes, work toward a general associate’s degree for now and maybe it’ll come to me. But it has yet to come and I’m starting to get worried that it never will.

I just love so many different things. A variety of careers speak to me for different reasons. Never just one sounds right or like the perfect fit. Something’s always off, whether it’s the salary or attending law school.

I’m currently taking Intro to Marketing, so my fingers are crossed it sparks something inside of me.