Maddy’s Message: We’ll continue to serve

• On August 17, 2020

By Maddy Warren
Editor In Chief

As students prepare to transition from summer vacation into the fall semester, the staff here at The Lookout is planning for the year ahead as well.

This semester’s formatting of The Lookout is going to look different than usual, as we are continuing with exclusive online content until further notice.

I know students and faculty are used to reading the issues in print, but I am pleased to say we have had smooth sailing since our staff made the switch to online-only in mid-March.

I look forward to continuing our publication remotely in the coming months. I am also crossing my fingers that we are able to return to campus and The Lookout office in the spring.

In regards to the staff, we had to reduce its number until we can all head back to campus safely. So as of right now, the 2020-21 Lookout staff consists of three returning members, myself included.

Chloe Gregg is returning for her second year on the staff as one of our talented staff writers. She will additionally aid in editorial duties and step in anywhere else she is needed.

It is also Julie Newell’s second year on the staff. She is our beloved photographer and sports editor. Julie will also be assuming a new role this year as well: sales manager.

I am thankful that all three of us are veteran staff members who already know the ropes. Chloe and Julie will help make the production process and my job easier this semester.

As for myself, I am elated to be returning to The Lookout staff for my second year, this time as editor In chief. There is no doubt that the COVID-19 pandemic threw the staff and me a few curve balls this year, but I am looking forward to continuing the student news at LCC, nonetheless.

Feel free to reach out to me at warrem13@star.lcc.edu any time this year with questions or comments.