Review: Uber Eats has got your back

Review: Uber Eats has got your back
  • On March 20, 2020

By Chloe Gregg

Though a social distancing pandemic leaves all of us quarantined in our homes, we are fortunate to have the advanced technology of 2020. This allows us to still communicate with each other, entertain ourselves, and stay up to date on the latest coronavirus news.

Additionally, these platforms may come as apps that smartphones can download.  So why not download one simple app to have food delivered right to your doorstep – and you don’t have to interact with a single soul.

Uber Eats has you covered during these cautionary times. With an option to have your food dropped off at your doorstep or outside, there’s no need to worry about passing on or catching the coronavirus when eating from your favorite restaurant.

When I ordered, I had my boyfriend download the app as well, using a code from my account to get $7 off. From him using my code, I received $20 in my account to splurge on food.

The app has a very simple and friendly-to-use design that makes it easy to navigate and sort through the nearby restaurants. One especially useful tool is sorting via distance; that way you can get that $0 delivery fee promotion Uber Eats has on all of the local restaurants.

For those who usually eat out often, but can’t anymore due to the current conditions, Uber Eats is offering unlimited free delivery and 5 percent off at any restaurant, anytime, for just $9.99 per month. This deal is exclusive to the Lansing area meaning your Eats Pass offer applies only to orders delivered in Lansing.

Not only is it useful to eaters, however, this app also has an option to make money by delivering with Uber and making some extra cash during these troubling times.

Uber Eats is compatible with iPhones, iPods, and iPads that are running iOS 11.0 or later.