We want to encourage discussion and open exchange of ideas and insights.
However, there are some rules regarding posting on this website.
- Keep it constructive. The objective isn’t to evaluate whether LCC is good or bad or whatever. The objective is to figure out how we need to change, what works for us and will help us in the future, and what will challenge us.
- Keep it forward-looking. In order to discuss how we need to change, it will of course be necessary at times to discuss what is or isn’t working. But keep in mind this isn’t a blame-finding mission or a time for a rationalization and excuse making. What matters is what we need to do to thrive going forward into the future in a challenging world.
- Keep it institutional, not personal. Personal attacks are not called for and will not be accepted.
- Keep it civil. Remember this website is public. Anyone can view it. For LCC employees, we need to remember that how we express ourselves reflects on both us personally and the institution.
- Focus on what LCC can do. Many of the issues discussed will generate thoughts and opinions that are really outside the realm of what LCC can affect. For example, when discussing state funding or some federal regulation it is easy to get into a discussion of what we think the state or federal government should do vs. what they are doing. Discussions of what the state, or HLC, or federal government ought to do are irrelevant. LCC can’t change that. LCC can change how it reacts to what the government decides to do.
Comments are not automatically moderated but all comments will be reviewed. Abusive comments will be removed and people posting those comments banned.