Jacob’s Jazz: Now introducing …

Jacob’s Jazz: Now introducing …
  • On September 20, 2021

By Jacob Zokvic

My name is Jacob Zokvic and I have just begun as a staff writer for The Lookout. I am very excited to be writing for The Lookout and I hope you all enjoy reading my stories. 

I was born in Lansing and have lived here my entire life. I went to Grand Ledge Public Schools and graduated from Grand Ledge High School. I earned an associate degree in political science at LCC and a bachelor’s degree in public relations at Western Michigan University.

I have returned to LCC with the Digital Media, Audio and Cinema (DMAC) program and hope to enter a career in broadcasting once I graduate. 

I have many interests but never seem to have time for them all. I love nature and spend a lot of my time taking wildlife photography. I volunteer with the Michigan Audubon Society, helping out with conservation projects at local nature preserves. 

I am very interested in politics and history. I frequently spend hours pouring over old newspaper articles looking for obscure descriptions of the past. I like to stay up to date on world news and I try to keep a close eye on global politics and economics. 

I watch many sports but my favorite by far is automobile racing. I watch pretty much every racing series, especially IndyCar, Formula 1 and World Rallycross. 

I am excited to have the chance to become a better journalist while I work for The Lookout. I look forward to writing for you all and I will do my best to keep you informed on what is happening around LCC.