Julie’s Jukes: Semester seems surreal

Julie’s Jukes: Semester seems surreal
  • On September 7, 2021

By Julie Newell
Editor in Chief

It has been two full weeks since the fall semester has started at LCC, and it feels somewhat surreal. Half of my time is spent at home and half of my time is spent on campus.

Most of my classes are online hybrid, so most of my homework and quizzes are done virtually at home and almost everything else is done in person.

I like being able to be back in a classroom and be able to converse with my classmates and teachers in person, but it still feels weird to have half of my classwork spent online.

I like having the flexibility it gives me, but at the same time I miss how things used to be before the pandemic.

Campus is open, but there are still only a limited number of classes that are in person, which means campus is still mostly empty.

I love being able to be back at The Lookout office, and going to cover LCC events like sports and Welcome Week. It is strange though having the paper still be online only, and that there are only two of us working at the moment.

I miss having the print paper and hope we can return to print in some way soon. I miss having a full staff and miss the coworkers who have moved on from The Lookout.

My schedule is busy with classes, working at The Lookout and attempting to have a social life. My planner is my life saver, and I would literally be lost without it. My goal is to stay organized, because if I don’t, I will have a rough semester.

My hope is to can stay sane through all of this and persevere, because the end result will be worth it.