Chloe’s Chat: ‘Quizlet Plus’ is a big help

• On August 30, 2021

By Chloe Gregg
Associate Editor

As you may already know if you have read any of my previous columns, I was accepted into LCC’s Dental Hygiene program. This is a fast-paced, two-year program that is known to be difficult, time-consuming and, ultimately, rewarding.

I’m only on my second week in and already I’m learning just how true that is. I’ve already taken multiple quizzes and a test and am always preparing for more. There are a lot of new terms and anatomy to learn and I’ve had to find ways to help me learn and memorize them.

For this, I’ve been using Quizlet. Everybody has probably heard of Quizlet and we’ve all probably used it during our middle school and high school era, but Quizlet is extremely useful in college, too.

For all of my classes for the last couple of years, I’ve used Quizlet to help me learn and memorize the material. However, this time around, I’ve invested in Quizlet Plus, which is about $4 a month and has been a huge help so far!

In dental hygiene, there are a lot of visuals I need to learn that coincide with the new terms. Quizlet Plus allows me to add photos to my terms so I can learn the different anatomical locations and the terms I am learning visually.

Quizlet Plus also has different features for the “learn” section of regular Quizlet, which helps me to really customize a learning plan fit for me and what I need.

I would definitely suggest it to any of my fellow LCC students who could use personalization and photos in their flashcards!