Chloe’s Chat: Big summer camping plans

Chloe’s Chat: Big summer camping plans
  • On March 22, 2021

By Chloe Gregg

I bought a camper!

Well, actually I bought one last summer, but kind of late in the summer so I didn’t get to enjoy it or fix it up before I used it.

Photo by Chloe Gregg

My camper is a Quicksilver 8.1 Lite. These campers are made almost entirely out of aluminum. It weighs a lot less than a regular camper and can be pulled by much smaller cars (i.e. not a truck).

It’s also a very small camper, but has everything I need inside of it. There are two beds on either side, a table that can transform into a bed, and a little kitchen area with cupboards and a sink (that unfortunately doesn’t work). It’s a cute and comfortable pop-up camper.

Photo by Chloe Gregg

This year, however, I have big plans. It’s not the most aesthetically-pleasing camper, and although it’s silly, I feel it is important to me to have a nice space that reflects me and what I like to go camping in. I plan on camping a lot over this summer because I finally have a semester free from school after five straight semesters.

Soooo … that means my camper is going to be receiving a makeover! I will post the “after pictures” after I’m finished with said makeover, but for now here is essentially what I’m imagining:

• Change out or cover the ugly gray on the cupboards and table;
  • Add pops of red, yellow, blue, orange, green, etc. all throughout and buy decorative pillows to match;
  • Put a seat cover on the table’s boat-looking cushions;
  • Buy curtains for privacy on either side, and hanging shelves;
  • And, finally, a nice straw mat for outside and regular mats for inside.