Chloe’s Chat: More horror movies

Chloe’s Chat: More horror movies

By Chloe Gregg

In my last column, I listed some of the best horror movies I have ever seen. I’m a bit of a horror snob, and have found that all of the lists of great horror movies that I find online are horrible, and offer very few actually good movies.

So, I decided to make my own to right this wrong. Here are some more movies that forced me to sleep with the light on:

“Lights Out” – This movie is terrifying. It stars the beautiful Teresa Palmer, who is just trying to get her little brother out of the same bad situation she was forced into. Only, something is very wrong at her parents’ house.

This movie is full of jump-scares and has a great little story to it. It certainly wasn’t on par story-wise as “Hereditary” or “Us,” but the jump-scare factor earns it an early spot on my list.

“The Visit” – I have seen this movie about seven times and STILL it frightens me. This movie doesn’t have any real notable actors for its main cast, but that doesn’t mean the cast isn’t talented.

The movie is made to feel very realistic, shown from the viewpoint of a tween girl’s video camera as she documents her and her brother’s first trip out to see and visit with their grandparents. I know what you’re thinking, and don’t worry. It was actually done extremely well and will definitely cause sleepless nights.

“The Fourth Kind” –This horror movie is not super well known, but very good. Resident Evil star Milla Jovovich stars in this movie in the lead role. This movie is based on a true story set in Alaska in a region where people keep going missing inexplicably.

A psychologist in the region, Jovovich’s character Dr. Abigail Tyler, is on the verge of discovering what has caused these disappearances, but whomever – or whatever – is causing them, doesn’t want her to find out. This movie marks the first and last time aliens have ever scared me, so I definitely recommend it.