Abood, Thomas win LCC trustee seats

Abood, Thomas win LCC trustee seats
  • On November 6, 2020

By Maddy Warren
Editor In Chief

As part of the General Election on Tuesday, Nov. 3, five candidates ran for two open seats on the LCC Board of Trustees.

As of the morning of Wednesday, Nov. 4, the unofficial results reported by the Ingham County Clerk’s Office named Andrew P. Abood and LaShunda Thomas the winners of the race. Abood is an incumbent on the board.

Abood received 44,680 votes and Thomas received 42,511 out of the total of 175,660 votes.

“I’m grateful for the confidence the voters had in me,” Abood said. “I look forward to working with my other board members to build LCC to a nationally recognized institution of higher education.”

Said Thomas: “I was excited when I found out that I won, of course,” Thomas said. “It’s exciting, I’m still letting it sink in … I am looking forward to working on the behalf of Lansing Community College students.”

The other candidates were Kimberly Kaye Azima, Gregory Sinicropi and Howard T. Spence.

Thomas will replace Larry Meyer, whose term expires Dec. 31. Meyer has chosen to not seek reelection.

According to the Ingham County Clerk’s Office website, the election results will be labeled official once they have been certified.

Full unofficial election results for the county can be found at https://cl.ingham.org/departments_and_officials/county_clerk/election_results.php under the “summary” tab.