The Lookout | April 12, 2021

Chloe’s Chat: Sunny places to visit

Chloe’s Chat: Sunny places to visit
  • On November 2, 2020

By Chloe Gregg

Starting from when I was 10, my family has taken a cruise vacation every other year or so. We always go to the Caribbean, and because of this I’ve been to quite a bit of the countries there. Here are some of my favorites.

Jamaica: Unsurprisingly at the top of my list is Jamaica. Jamaica is one of those countries where you either go on some crazy expedition or you soak in the sun and wait for one of the natives to offer you a toke.

I’ve done both, and by far the expedition was the most memorable expedition I’ve been on. My family and I got to climb a beautiful and huge waterfall in Jamaica. It was an incredible experience and I’d gladly go back just to do it again.

But if climbing waterfalls isn’t really your thing, Jamaica’s beaches are top-notch. Soft sand and warm, blue water are found at the beaches. And you probably won’t have to leave your sun chair because as you are a tourist, the natives are looking to spoil you and make money.

The Bahamas: Fun fact: did you know that these islands are where Christopher Columbus first landed in 1492?

The Bahamas, nicknamed “Paradise Island,” fully live up to that name. Think of that beach paradise with white, soft sand and gorgeously bright blue waters with palm trees and other tropical plants … that’s the Bahamas.

It’s a very touristy location and I’d say probably most people choose to relax by the beach, but it’s also a great place to explore and walk around because of how touristy it is.

Grand Cayman: In Grand Cayman, there are phenomenal beaches (once again, I know by now I sound like a broken record) and toe-curling diving.

I went diving here for my very first time with stingrays. The stingrays do not have their stingers any longer, so don’t be frightened about that. They will dock the boat and allow everyone to get out into the ocean and pet and play with the swimming stingrays that surround the boat.

Next time I’ll finish up with some other places I’ve been to and my favorite things about those!