The Lookout | November 30, 2020

Insty-Prints family owned for 36 years

Insty-Prints family owned for 36 years Insty-Prints
  • On September 23, 2020

By Julie Newell
Associate Editor 

Big businesses and corporations are great if you need to buy something in bulk, or run into the store fast to grab a small item, but they often lack great customer service and a can-do attitude.   

Insty-Prints does not lack those qualities. The business is a marketing and printing company located at 209 S. Washington Square in downtown Lansing, just a few blocks south of LCC.

Mike Bruce, 69, and his wife, Annette, have owned the business for 36 years. Originally they operated two Lansing stores – one on East Michigan Avenue and one on West Washtenaw Street – before merging the two into the current location 25 years ago.

Bruce said he enjoys his day-to-day interactions with customers and staff.

“I love it, that’s why I haven’t retired,” Bruce said. “You know, there’s something different every day and we’re doing the same thing, basically, but everybody’s projects and things are different.”

The store does copying, laminating, faxing, posters, banners, business cards and much more. They also sell a variety of office supplies, and even greeting cards.

“What makes us special is the friendliness, our customer service and how we pride ourselves on quality,” Bruce said. “Like our mission statement says, we aim ‘to ensure the long-term success of Insty-Prints Downtown and its people by exceeding our customers’ expectations.’”

Bruce’s daughter, store manager Jennifer Lamoreaux, said she loves the family atmosphere at the shop. Lamoreaux has worked at the store for 26 years.

“It’s my dad and mom that own it,” Lamoreaux said. “After I graduated from high school I was going to Davenport to be a legal secretary and I would work here part-time … and I never left.

“I enjoy it here. I like the customer service (and) I like the interaction with the customers.”

Insty-Prints is currently open from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekdays. For more information about Insty-Prints and its services, visit https://www.instyprints.com/locations/lansing-mi-washington or call (517) 940-7554.