The Lookout | March 21, 2019

Dancers display skills at open house

Dancers display skills at open house Fall Dance Fall Dance
  • On December 18, 2018

By Ashlee Buhler
Editor in Chief

A crowd of over 50 people filed into Dart Auditorium on Sunday, Dec. 16 for the Fall Dance Open House.

The show, directed by Dance Lead Faculty Vickie Diebold, was an opportunity for students enrolled in a fall dance class to perform the dances they learned during the semester.

In total there was seven performances, ranging from beginning jazz and beginning modern to intermediate ballet.

For Abby Gabler, a 19-year-old math major, this was her first time performing at LCC.

“I was a little nervous,” Gabler said. “I thought we did pretty well. It was my first time in intermediate ballet, so there was a lot of different levels of dancers, but I think we all worked together really well.”

Allison Dimick, 23, performed in both the beginning jazz and African dances.

“This was the first time I performed in years and it was exhilarating,” Dimick said. “The audience was a lot of fun … The costumes were also a lot of fun. You can run a dance over and over, but it’s the most fun when you have the costumes on and you’re in character.”

The next LCC dance event will be the Spring Dance Concert, which runs April 12 through 14. The show will be titled “Back to our Roots.” It will allow student choreographers to pay homage to dance icons who inspired them.

For more information, contact Vickie Diebold at diebov@lcc.edu.