The Lookout | April 20, 2018

Fantasy football not only for diehards

Fantasy football not only for diehards
  • On September 15, 2017

My first week of fantasy football was filled with unpredictability, disappointment and hope.

With my two starting running backs combining for a measly 10 points, I thought there was no chance I would win week one. But my quarterback, Derek Carr, and my wide receivers pushed the “Detroit Snorlax’s” back up to get me the win.

These conflicting emotions are why so many fans love the NFL, and fantasy football, and why it is still the most popular sport in the United States. So many things can go wrong and right during the same game. In fantasy football, owners have players from multiple teams, meaning owners have to pay attention to everything.

For all of those reasons I encourage anyone who loves football, or lives with someone who takes over the TV every Sunday, to draft a team before time runs out.

The deadline for most leagues, like Yahoo and ESPN, is Sunday, Oct. 1.

Having a fantasy team will help most roommates or significant others of those who watch from the pre-show at noon until the end interviews of Sunday Night Football. It provides more of a reason to watch and learn what is going on during the games. This makes it more fun for the football junkie and the person learning.

Playing in a week-to-week fantasy football league for money is a way to avoid having the same team all year, and maybe earn some cash. One of these sites is DraftKings, where drafters select a different set of players every week.

So if you are looking for a way to spice up your football Sundays, forced or not, draft a team now and get in on the fantasy football action!