The Lookout | March 24, 2018

Finals Frenzy wraps up fall semester

Finals Frenzy wraps up fall semester
Nikki Nicolaou

Jaimie Bozack
A&E Editor

After two weeks of preparing for finals, the fall 2015 semester will wrap up Monday, Dec. 14 for LCC students. Those who thought this semester would never end are taking a deep breath.

Finals Frenzy has helped to aid students in their preparations for finals during the hectic final two weeks. The event kicked off Monday, Nov. 30 and ends Friday, Dec. 11.

Free snacks, hot cocoa, cookie decorating, yoga and more have been available for students to take advantage of between their classes.

Event coordinator Victoria Meadows said the event has been well received.

“Week two is going great,” Meadows said. “Some favorite activities seem to be coloring, making magnets, Connect Four, LEGOs and, of course, the food and coffee.”

Meadows said students have been grateful for the support of LCC staff during the stressful time.

“Students have been very appreciative,” Meadows said. “We have also received a lot of thank yous.”

Meadows said she is excited for winter break.

“It’s been a very busy semester and this time of the year in particular always feels very rushed,” Meadows said. “I am looking forward to the break so I can regroup and get ready for spring semester, which is surprisingly not far off.”

LCC student Brooke Wells said she enjoyed being able to take a break from studying.

“I loved the free supplies,” Wells said. “I will use them all for next semester.”

Political science major Richard Goodwin said Finals Frenzy was a fun event.

“I took advantage of the fitness center passes,” Goodwin said. “I grabbed a couple so that I could go to the gym and sweat out some stress after class.”

Meadows encouraged students to give feedback by taking a survey. The survey will help Meadows determine what to add during the next Finals Frenzy.

To take the survey go to