The Lookout | July 23, 2018

Community worships at west campus church

Shelby Schueller
News Editor

Students and community members looking for a local place to worship are invited to Worship International Church, which meets every Saturday in room M124A of LCC’s west campus. The service starts at 11:30 a.m.

Worship International Church is led by Detroit native Pastor Jacque McDaniel, who also preaches some Wednesday nights at Union Missionary Baptist Church in Lansing. He started preaching at West Campus in early October 2015.

McDaniel said that he felt led to become a minister.

“I was about 26 years of age when … a knowing came to me. I knew I had to be a minister. I wasn’t sure what kind, but I felt compelled to be God’s man,” he said. “Everything I tried to do outside of being a minister just didn’t work.”

McDaniel said becoming a minister helped him become a better person.

“Before I got saved, I was very prejudiced. Now I look at all people through the lenses of Jesus Christ … I saw people for being people, children of God, and not being a member or a certain ethnicity or race,” he said.

According to McDaniel, the goal of Worship International Church is to help people heal.

“I wanted people to feel different,” he said. “I wanted people to care about who they were in Christ. I wanted it to be the church where broken people go that want to be fixed.

“I want them to think of themselves more than what they think they can do with their precious individual lives.”

According to McDaniel, the sermons at Worship International Church are currently designed for people of any age who are hurting medically.

McDaniel has also had his share of illness.

McDaniel said when he was around 40 years old on a missionary trip to France he got sick with an unknown illness that left him unable to walk. At one time he was diagnosed with a third grade mentality. He was then hospitalized for two and a half months.

After rehabilitation therapy, McDaniel learned to walk again. He went on to get a Bachelor of Arts in Communication from Michigan State University and a Master’s Degree in Divinity at Regent University, located in Virginia Beach, Va.

McDaniel said he plans to get a Doctorate in Divinity when Worship International Church becomes more established.

Faith helped him the most during his period of illness, McDaniel said.

“I always prayed a lot and just believed a lot,” he said. “Doubt and faith, they don’t mix, just like water and oil don’t mix. If you have faith then you don’t need doubt.”

McDaniel said Worship International Church is open to all people of all religions, though he hopes that once people come to experience the sermons, they will want to be Christian.

There is no membership fee, according to McDaniel, but donations are strongly encouraged.

Harriette Curry, member of gospel singing group “The Heavenly Stars,” said she enjoyed Pastor Jacque’s sermon on Oct. 31.

“I liked his teaching,” Curry said. “He spoke well, and what he was teaching … is true because I read and study the Bible. I got a lot out of it.”

“The congregation was small, but I’m a firm believer,” she said. “The Bible says where two or three gather together in his name, he’s in the midst and he was here today. The spirit was here today and I would come again.”

For more information about Worship International Church, or to listen to Pastor Jacque’s radio show, visit www.worshipinternationalchurch.com. To view the church directory, visit www.ccachristiandirectory.weebly.com/