The Lookout | March 24, 2018

Einstein Bros. Bagels fills a void at LCC

Jaimie Bozack

The first restaurant inside of LCC’s Gannon Food Commons is now open.

Einstein Bros. Bagels opened its doors Nov. 3 to Lansing Community College students. It is owned by Todd Brannock, who will also be in charge of the rest of the food places that will soon open in the LCC food court.

Since its opening, students have lined up to get a taste of what is being offered. I was one of those who recently stood in line for 10 minutes just to try it.

Einstein Bros. Bagels has 800 restaurants in 40 states, but the one at LCC is the only one in Lansing, making it a unique place for students to eat.

I have heard many students comment about the restaurant since its opening. Most comments are positive, with students saying they have great food, good customer service and easy convenience.

There are also some students who said the restaurant is overpriced and the food is poor in quality.

As I stood in line my indecisiveness took over. There were so many options to choose from.

Einstein offers sweets, bagels, coffee, salads, soups, sandwiches, vegetarian options and more.

The employee greeted me with a friendly smile and waited patiently as I took a while to figure out what I wanted.

I scanned the menu for something on the cheap, but realized that was going to be difficult.

Everything was priced higher than I expected, considering the restaurant is located on a college campus.

I finally decided on an egg sandwich with ham and Swiss. I paid almost $6 for one bagel sandwich, then another $1.50 for a drink, for which they don’t offer refills.

I enjoyed my sandwich, and even debated on going back for a second.

Though Einstein Bros. Bagels is a little pricey for some items, I still enjoyed the food and service. Overall it is a convenient place to eat, with many food options and decent food.

Einstein Bros. Bagels is open Monday through Thursday from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m. and Friday from 7 a.m. until 2 p.m.